It’s not a new treatment (it launched in the latter element of 2010), so you’re probably wondering why I’m intending to let you know about the non-invasive, fat-freezing treatment also known as CoolSculpting by Zeltiq. Here’s why: 1000s of methods are being performed worldwide (over 650,000 so far!), yet new important updates have surfaced since reviews for coolsculpting first launched. Here’s all you need to know before freezing fat:
More From Beauty
This Rainbow Armpit Hair Look is Perfect for Pride
The First Have A Look At FORM’s Natural Haircare Products
Shay Mitchell Spills Her Skin-Care Secrets
Developed By Cosmopolitan For
1. Fat cells self-destruct when the skin gets cold enough. The FDA-cleared procedure suctions from the skin around the region of fat you would like to freeze, then uses controlled cooling (aka cryolipolysis) to lower the temperature of the skin to where the fat cells die. Our bodies then eliminates the cells in the following weeks.
2. You will find a tendency for uneven removal. It’s not skill-dependent, since a vacuum-like head suctions the facial skin directly into freeze it, so you will find a risk of uneven removal, says Paul Jarrod Frank, MD, a cosmetic dermatologist in Ny City.
3. It might be pricey. According to your geographical area and the area you’re hoping to get treated, a CoolSculpting session can run you $500 or higher.
4. One treatment has been said being enough, but that isn’t always the case. So in the long run, it might not be one of the most cost-effective option to obtain the results you’re seeking. Make sure to confer with your doctor before you go set for the remedy to ascertain if you’re the right candidate for this particular procedure.
5. The process is for very discreet fat removal. Picture a thin man with love handles or possibly a woman with small pockets of fat on the inner thighs. “Broader areas usually are not great for this treatment because that won’t appear evenly,” Dr. Frank adds.
6. There is literature that Paradoxical Adipose Hyperplasia (PAH) may appear after cryolipolysis. According to Dr. Frank along with the National Center for Biotechnology Information, fat can grow back rather than disappearing forever. “Needless to say, there are risks with everything, but this is basically the only fat removal method that has this particular risk though low,” Frank adds.
7. It will take an hour to take care of each section. So that it could take too much time, depending on how many areas you need to treat.
8. You could experience cryolipolysis-induced numbness that can last for weeks. “It will something towards the superficial nerves as soon as the skin is frozen that can leave you without feeling for hours,” Dr. Frank says.
9. You may also have bruising. There’s minimal downtime with this particular treatment, but you might experience bruising since the areas treated can have been pulled, tugged, and pinched in dexnpky87 suction process. And you could be sore for days or weeks right after the treatment.
10. Full results take weeks or months to show up. This depends on how well the body reacts towards the treatment. You should expect to full results from the second or third month.
11. You should maintain a healthy diet plan and fitness routine to help keep the results. However, you probably already knew that.